The Lesotho Nursing Council (LNC) is a statutory regulatory body established by the act of the Parliament and continues to exist in terms of the Nurses and Midwives Act, 1998 ( Gazette No. 49 of 17th June, 1998)
We re resposible for regulation of the Nursing Education and Practice in Lesotho through setting standards of nursing education and tranning as well as standards of practice of nursing practioners and ensures compliance of the set standards in order to protect the public from unsafe practice
Standards and Compliance Officer
Under the supervision of the Registrar, the Standards and Compliance Officer will carry out duties relating to practice and education committees of the Council. The candidate will assist the Council in the initiation and implementation of the nursing and midwifery education and practice standards; curricula development and review; accreditation of nursing and midwifery education institutions and clinical education sites; Indexing of students and Registration of the nurses and midwives; and overseeing implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation of Nursing and Midwifery programs including CPD Program and the internship program.
Reports to: Registrar
- Prepares and facilitates process for handling of the nurses, midwives and nursing assistants’ reported misconducts/malpractices, files for and reports investigation and disciplinary hearings to the Registrar.
- Prepares for disciplinary hearings and works with the Registrar and the Professional Conduct Committee in conducting the disciplinary hearings.
- Organizes for Professional Conduct Committee Monitoring and Evaluation visits to the health facilities and prepares reports thereof.
- Maintains the CPD data base during re-licensing
- Assists with Licensure examinations’ preparations
- Organizes for visits of Nursing Education Institutions by the Credentials Committee
- Indexes and registers nurses when necessary
- Performance of other related activities to Nursing and Midwifery Education and Practice.
- Must hold a current practicing license.
- Must provide proof of being a member of the professional association
- Demonstrate organizational and management knowledge and experience
- Evidence of being able to work with minimal supervision and be proactive
- Computer literacy: Microsoft office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), internet
- Must be able to analyse data
- Must be able to coordinate meetings and events
- Advanced Degree in Nursing with 3 years’ experience in senior position, administrative and education arena.
- A minimum of Degree in Nursing plus 5 years’ experience in Clinical Area
- A Nursing Education background is also an added advantage
Interested candidates may send their applications to the Registrar, Lesotho Nursing Council, P.O. Box 9110, Maseru 100, Lesotho or Email to: email@example.com
Please Note: All applications must be accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, reference letters from (3) referees; one of which must be from a recent employer, academic and registration certificates, and the current license. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
The closing date for the above application is: 07th June 2019
Mrs. Flavia Moetsana Poka
Mrs. Mamonyane Moshoeshoe
Mrs. Tabeta Seiso
Standards & Compliance Officer
Mrs Mathato Karabelo Moeletsi
Mrs. Tlaleng Tebane Khau
Miss. Itumeleng Mojaki
Mrs. Mabotle Tsasanyane
Mr. Retselisitsoe Moses Pitso
Mr. Imma Tenene
Developer & Data Clerk
Lesotho Nursing Council
P.O Box 9110